Saturday, May 2, 2015

Create a Life of Meaning

This week I really enjoyed our reading assignments.  We started reading “The Ministry of Business”, and I was really impressed by what I read.  I was particularly impressed with the principles taught.  I really enjoyed what was written about “coincidences” and would like to start keeping track of those things in my life one might consider a “coincidence”.  Another principle taught to us in chapter 2 is the importance of covenant making, and covenant keeping.  “Just as crops need water to grow, our entrepreneurial, professional, and other life efforts need divine guidance and aid to succeed.”  From chapter 3 I learned the importance of including, not excluding, my wife in my career decisions.  You cannot separate work from home, and anyone who tells you differently is lying to you, themselves, or both.  This has opened up entrepreneurial ideas that I haven’t considered before.

Randy Pausch’s last lecture was very interesting.  He spoke about achieving your childhood dreams.  Something he said really stood out to me about the doors that close in our lives, or the brick walls that “block” our dreams.  Walls are just there to show us how hard we are willing to work for something.  Those who want it hard enough will put forth the effort to overcome any obstacle.  This is how Randy was able to achieve so many of his own dreams.


It’s important to dream, because it gives us something to go after.  Dreaming allows us to stretch ourselves and reach our greatest potential.  As a child I dreamt about becoming an inventor.  I feel like I have lived that dream at least partially.  I have always wanted to work with my hands, and have found great enjoyment in fixing and creating things.  I have even blogged about some of the things I have created in an attempt to experiment with affiliate marketing with some success.  In the future I would like to continue to live this dream and see where it takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment