Saturday, July 25, 2015

Do what you enjoy

This semester is coming to a close.  If I had to express one thing that I found to be most beneficial from what I learned it would be this, do what you enjoy.  Don't worry about money, it can't buy your happiness.  I would rather start a business doing what I have a passion for, then have another JOB doing something I can care less about.
Just a few days ago I was conducting an annual evaluation for one of my associates.  At the conclusion of the interview I asked her where she saw herself in five years, what did she want to do.  I ask this of everyone I evaluate.  Her response was a wake up call.  She said she wanted to go into journalism, but that her fiance discouraged her from this path because she "couldn't make enough money."  I wanted to scream (I didn't).  First, that is false, second you need to do what you find enjoyable.  Money can't buy your happiness, but a life full of enjoyable moments can.

No comments:

Post a Comment