Friday, April 10, 2015

Week 13 Journal Update

Capstone Journal Entry

It's the final week in this class and I have some time to reflect on what I've learned.  Some of the most important things I want to take with me are knowing the customer, first who then what, be great not good.  Know who your target customer is so you can make informed decisions about your business.  Each decision should have the customer in mind.  The first order of any business is who, not what.  First you must find the right people, and then you must drive the business.  By finding the right people first you will find the drive is easier, and the people actually assist in the driving.  Good is the enemy of great, creating good content is pointless because there is so many out there that do just that.  There is a lack of great content because so many are just good.   Being great makes you, your business, your product, your service stand out so much more than those who are merely good.

This has been a very enjoyable semester.  I really learned a lot from the $100 challenge project as I was able to apply the principles and lessons we learned in class to real life at least on a small scale.  From the project I was able to see the importance of knowing the target customer and how this can effect your decisions.  I learned about the impact marketing can play in advertising your products or services.  I learned about challenges that may arise and how to deal with them.  You can either see them as a problem, or an opportunity.  Finally I was able to see the importance of giving back.  We are all children of a loving Heavenly Father.  I had this great opportunity to try out a few business ideas and had some success.  I was able to share that with someone around the world who probably felt more blessed than I ever would from my meager earnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment