Saturday, March 7, 2015

Week 8 Journal Update

Who do you hire for your company and what do you look for?  Most people will tell you to look for proven teams, with proven technology, and traction.  That is the most experience, and education you can find.  I don't think this is true.  I think the best people you can find for your business are those people who have a passion for the business.  If you're in the surfing business, hire surfers.  Do you own a Subaru dealership?  Hire salesman who eat, drink, and breathe Subaru!  These are the kinds of people who have passion, are self driven, and will treat your business like a way of life, not a job.  These are the kinds of people you want to find for your company.  After you've found people like this, hold on to them, and take care of them.  They will be your company's greatest asset.

I don't think I can stress this enough.  You need to surround yourself with great people who are infected with this kind of passion.  This needs to be the first step in moving forward with your company.  If you don't have the right people on the bus (the company), and in the right seats (positions) you will always struggle to drive the bus in the right direction.  Many leaders begin their journey with great vision first, and seek the right help second.  This is backwards and will lead to struggle.  First who, then what.

$100 Challenge Update

It's been a week since releasing the "Solar Panel Phone Charger" diy.  Since then I've had 507 clicks, and 41 ordered items.  In total I've made about $20.  Not too bad I'd say.  I've started my next big project this week as well, the homemade crossbow.  I expect this will bring in a great deal more because not many have done this.  I need to focus on great content that sets me apart.  I'm going to do this by building a powerful bow (100 lbs. or more) with an exceptional trigger and safety system.  I'm also going to focus on appearance as this will likely be a big driver for traffic.


No comments:

Post a Comment